Wednesday 13 July 2011

Reflecting on Thing 2


What? (recalling)
I explored other blogs registered for cpd23 via the Delicious participants list, added a selection to my Google Reader, and (eventually!) posted some comments. I also set up a saved search for #cpd23 on Twitter, and followed @meimaimaggio's cpd list, so I could keep up with people's updates there too.

So what? (evaluating)
There was a really broad range of styles and experiences to be found amongst the cpd23 blogs - from seasoned bloggers to complete newbies, from cautiously private to expansively bonkers. I think I've found a few permanent additions to my blogroll/Twitter stream, but it was also a useful reminder that not everyone has an online presence already, or necessarily wants to. It was good to find a few new repository people beyond those I already knew from UKCoRR and the RSP school I attended last year. But I found taking the step of leaving comments quite difficult, which I talked about at the time.

Now what? (applying)
I think I'll be making an effort to search out new bloggers every so often, rather than just relying on the same few well-known ones. I'm more aware of the benefit of leaving comments on blogs - being a participant rather than just a spectator - so I hope I'll continue this. And perhaps continue with my own blogging too.

Photo by Amanda Mines on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment