Monday 25 July 2011

Thing 8: organising tools (Google Calendar)

I'm not going to dwell very much on this Thing. I do use Google Calendar, but chiefly for organising my personal/family life, which to be honest is far more complicated than my working life. (The two do overlap, of course, chiefly when I have to go away for work and the massive childcare-finding operation cranks into gear.) My husband and I share our calendars, and occasionally we even remember to look at them.

At work we use a shared Outlook calendar as well as our individual ones and this is useful - at the moment I can't really see a way for us to use Google. I do like the way you can make a calendar public and embed it on your site etc, and I would like us as a department to become a bit more 'social' in our use of online tools (we do already use Doodle which is handy for organising Christmas outings etc). But it will be a slow process I suspect...

Photo by Helico on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment