Friday 24 June 2011

Thing 2: some more

I'd been thinking that I'd gone right off blogs in recent years, and that it was probably a function of a) my chronic lack of time since having a child and b) the effect of Twitter on my attention span. I wasn't really feeling the 'comment on people's blogs' part of Thing 2, because if I want a conversation Twitter works much better for that - the blog/comment format is just much more clunky somehow. Because a blog post takes much more time and effort than a tweet, I feel a comment needs to similarly well thought out. And then you're sort of committed to the discussion - I don't want to keep checking back necessarily, but nor do I want to be emailed every time someone else comments. Moon on a stick, anyone?

But then I read walkyouhome's self-professedly ranty, but excellent post on #cliquegate, something which I'd been only half aware of but did resonate with my last post about 'self-selecting groups'. And commented briefly on it.

Admittedly, having a bit of time to actually keep up with my feeds is directly related to the fact that we're experiencing a lot of downtime with our LMS at the moment... and I figure it's better to reflect and engage during these periods than stomp about in frustration eating Hobnobs. Which could so easily happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment