Tuesday 21 June 2011

Thing 1: blogs and blogging

This is a new blog to reflect on 23 Things for Professional Development. It's the fourth blog I've had (and I've been a contributor to several more) which frankly seems like overkill, but none of the others are really a) live or b) library-related so a new start seems appropriate.

In fact, my first blog was set up well before the days of Facebook, Twitter, Delicious, Flickr or any of the other social media tools that have expanded my personal and professional world and generally made everything so much better :)

I'm taking part in CPD23 because:

a) I'm in an odd/interesting point in my career, where I love my job but am not technically in a professional post, and so

b) my ambitions and interests sometimes exceed my role, and this could probably be managed better, but

c) I also get lazy sometimes, so

d) I need to better absorb and reflect on the learning I'm doing every day through online social networking, conferences, casual conversation etc.

Looking forward to exploring it all!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're doing this, will watch with interest :)

    Celine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celine - I thought of you immediately when I saw Rachel's blog title. Now I realise you know each other, it seems like like a spooky coincidence!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete