Wednesday 28 September 2011

Thing 20: careers/Library Routes Project


I have now dutifully added my Thing 10 blog post to the Library Routes wiki, which is a lovely thing really. I like that people talk about their journeys with such enthusiasm, and how different each person's path has been (is this diversity specific to librarianship I wonder? Maybe it's because there are so many different ways of *being* a librarian/information professional that there are at least as many ways of becoming one...)

I don't have career tips or insights really, but I love my job and I can see myself staying in libraries for the rest of my working life, if they'll have me. And although we're facing cuts and deprofessionalisation in many of the services that we traditionally think of as employing librarians, I would hope this doesn't put people off who are thinking of entering the field - wherever information needs managing, we'll be needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment