Wednesday 5 October 2011

Thing 21: promoting yourself in job applications/interviews

I thought Maria's post was excellent and useful, but I'm still bowing out of this Thing to some extent. I really really like my current job so I'm more interested in developing the role and myself within it than I am in looking for outside opportunities. I do believe that it's worthwhile to consider my interests and strengths, and to reflect on my skills and experience, even at times when I'm not in the job market. But I was almost made redundant two years ago and I'm still a bit traumatised from the experience, which means I can't bear to work on my CV or anything associated with job-hunting, interviews etc, to be honest. On the one hand, readiness is all. On the other hand, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Photo by marcmo on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment